Summer Programs at Gustafson Dance
Our summer programs have been going great this year! If you are interested, there are some spots open for the rest of the summer. We have Junior Intensive, Dance Camp (Peter Pan), Mini Dance Camp (Peter Pan) and Coco Mini Camp, as well as the Summer Classes for young children. If camp isn’t what you need, we also have our open class schedule.
You can also now register for the fall programs at our website.
Madeline Photos are Available
Madeline dress rehearsal photos are up on Smug Mug for purchase,the password is “ssbyd” all lower case.
One of our favourites was taken of these two cuties and popcorn dancers onstage.
News from SSB Young Dancers
Sephie Gallegos: A junior choreographer, Sephie talks about common challenges young dancers face and always being prepared with a sewing kit for emergencies in her interview.
Tamara Gallegos: New to SSBYD is Tamara Gallegos and you’ve most likely seen her ‘behind the scenes’ at SSBYD events. Tamara didn’t hesitate to jump into SSBYD to spearhead costuming and even travelled to Festival this year.
Here’s what some of our dancers are doing next year as they graduate from high school and we hope they all continue dancing!
- Sarah Block is going to City College to study architecture.
- Hannah Ezell will be attending the University of California Santa Barbara (Dance Major and will instruct a couple of classes at Gustafson Dance)
- Karlise Loza will be going to Santa Clara University and studying business and marketing.
- Fenna Roukema will be attending City College and study kinesiology and dance (she is a member of the City College Dance Company and will work at the desk on Saturdays at Gustafson Dance)
- Sophia Vraciu is going to the University of Washington for a Political Science or Economics major with a Dance minor.
End of the Year Party and Awards
Every year, we hold an end of the school year party and give awards for several categories:
Most Improved Level 4: Tessa Storr
Most Improved Level 5 & 6: Kate Dalforno
Dancer of the Year: Hannah Ezell
Au Revoir to our Master Mackenzie!
We were all sad to see Gary McKenzie leave for retirement with his move to southern France. Here’s some pics from the standing room only going away party for our beloved teacher who has done so much for Gustafson Dance and State Street Ballet.